- Noladiaspora loves the web. We prefer email submissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All manuscripts must be single spaced and submitted as a Word document (.doc or .docx). Identifying information should be included only in the email and not in the document.
- Scholarly manuscripts should follow the 2009 MLA Style Manual and be accompanied by a 100 word abstract.
- Poetry submissions are limited to three at one time; art and music submissions, to two pieces per entry.
- Fiction and hybrid/multi-media/interactive submissions are limited to one piece per issue.
- Art work should be submitted as low resolution .jpg or .gif files.
- Artwork must include the following: title of piece, year created, media, dimensions (in inches), and location of the piece.
- Previously published works are not accepted, nor are simultaneous submissions.
- The review process takes approximately one month; artists and authors may query after that time.
- Materials are accepted April – July for the Fall (Katrina) edition, and October – January for the Mardi Gras issue.
- At time of submission, authors and artists must submit a brief biographical note (no more than 100 words). At time of acceptance, contributors must sign a publishing agreement affirming that they have copyright and ownership of the material.
- Artists, musicians, and authors will retain copyright to their works.
- Authors must secure any necessary permissions of copyrighted material for print or electronic reproduction. Permission fees are the responsibility of the author.
- The editors, staff, webhost, and financial stakeholders of Noladiaspora will not assume legal responsibilities for materials published in the journal.
Book Review Policy
Noladiaspora actively solicits books for review. Authors and publishers can query the journal at email@example.com or mail copies of their texts to:
c/o M. L. Byrd, Editor
Languages and Literature
302 Colson Hall
Virginia State University
S. Chesterfield, VA 23803
Individuals interested in reviewing books should contact the editor via email at the above address, attaching two samples of their work.
To be added to our mailing list,
please fill out the form below.